Network Traffic Statistics
Distinct Network Monitor displays live network traffic Statistics for up to the most recent 2 hours of traffic.
The Statistics analysis module allows you to get a very good picture of the live network traffic activity for any given network segment monitored. The live statistics sampled and displayed are the following:
Network Utilization Trending
- The list of IP addresses which are active on the network segment, showing the total number of bytes sent and received by each IP address
- The list of IP ports or application protocols showing how many bytes were sent and received for each protocol. Clicking on a specific protocol lists the IP addresses that generated the traffic
- The list of IP protocols and the total number of bytes and packets transmitted for each one
- The list of network protocols such as IP and Netbeui showing the total number of bytes and packets transmitted for each one
- Bandwidth used by the systems being monitored over the specified time period using the number of samples specified
- The list of MAC addresses which are active on the network segment. The total number of packets and bytes that were sent and received by each MAC address. This statistics view includes all packets, whether IP or otherwise that are over Ethernet or Token Ring and may include packets that are not parsed by the Network Monitor
- Analysis of Packet size distribution showing the number of packets transmitted in various size ranges
- Summary of the statistics recorded during the entire session
Additionally network traffic statistics reports can be run on all statistics sampled and gathered during a network capture by running network traffic reports, using ReportBuilder.